Box Hill United U/14 girls' head coach Orlando Morales headlines this edition of our 'Coaches Q&A' series.
1) What is your coaching philosophy in one sentence?
Playing smart football by keeping the ball and being patient with it.
2) Which coach has had the biggest influence on your own coaching journey?
Stuart McGowan - he is the head coach for street soccer, which I volunteered for. He taught me that coaching isn’t about yelling at your players and putting them down when they mistakes, but about developing them and making sure they enjoy playing football.
3) What is one pre-game ritual that your Box Hill United U/14s' squad follow on a matchday before kick-off?
The girls have come up with their own - that they have to hang their shirts up, numbers facing out and in numerical order, before every game.
4) What other languages do you speak apart from English?
I can speak fluent Spanish, can read and write it too.
5) What is your best football memory from your own playing days?
Still playing and have so many to choose from... my highlight has always been playing with my mates, looking back at the memories and having a laugh at all the terrible tackles, open goal misses, and how fit and skinny we used to be. Looking forward to getting out there again and having a kick!!