Box Hill United U/14 boys' head coach Matt Sultana features in this edition of our latest series 'CoachesQ&A'.
1) Who is your favourite footballer from the early 2000s?
From the early 2000s, it is defiantly Kaká (Brazilian midfielder). I think people forget how unbelievable he was. Great footballer in a great footballing era!
2) What is your best coaching memory?
Coaching has allowed me to travel a lot, and experience different continents and cultures. That would be my best memory.
3) What is one thing that you would do differently as a coach?
As coaches, we ask ourselves these questions every day - it’s a hard question to answer, to be honest. I think generally speaking, sport has somewhat lost its way. I don’t think it teaches the life skills it should, enough. Sport should always be about developing confident, respectful, hardworking young people. I could talk about this for hours!
4) If you were given a chance to manage any club in world football, which team would that be?
5) What is one thing people generally would not know about Matt Sultana as a coach?
I always arrive to training and games ridiculously early, especially in the winter when grounds don’t hold up well. I’m always paranoid about how much space we might have to work in. I think it’s a coaching thing...I think!