Box Hill United U/15 boys’ assistant coach Kristian Popovic features in today’s ‘CoachesQ&A’.
1) During the period of isolation, what is one new thing you learnt as a football coach?
During isolation, I had been studying new formations and learning how we might apply those to our team, and also expanding on our current formation.
2) What is your earliest coaching memory?
Coaching my first team - a junior girls' team in my old hometown of Noosa.
3) What club/national team shirt from the 1990s would be your preferred retro football kit?
Croatian national team kit, 1995.
4) What other languages do you speak/write/read apart from English?
5) What is your coaching philosophy in one sentence?
An attacking style of football, based around possession and quick ball movement; and for players to express themselves on the pitch and play with passion, joy and teamwork.